Resources for Cello Students
Here are lists of books, websites, and a practice journal formats for you to use during your practice sessions. As always, if you have any questions, please e-mail me at
Klengel Book No 1
Carl Fischer Scale System for Cello
Sheet music and supplies:
New England Music Camp: http://nemusiccamp.com
Ithaca Summer Music: http://www.ithaca.edu/music/prepdivision/academy/intermediate/
New York Summer Music Festival: http://nysmf.org/programs/ensembles/
Your practice journal is a way to keep track of what we went over in your lesson and your progress each week.
* USE NOTES FROM YOUR LESSON!
* Plan practice times
* Divide your time wisely
* Take breaks
* Efficienct practice > Long practice
* Be aware of muscle use and muscle tension
* Problem solve
* Take notes! Write things down!
* Walk away when you get too frustrated. Come back to it later.